Sunday, June 13, 2010

Soccer Mom

I can totally rock that title! We scrambled into the "Swagger Wagon" first thing to get to Aidan's soccer game. Can I say that my kid rocks at defense? Ok, he does sometimes trip over the ball, or his feet, or even the air, but he makes it look cool. Not everyone possesses that skill. After the game - "Mom? Was I awesome or cool?" "Duh, you were both!" The things that come out of his mouth never cease to amaze. Sometimes good and sometimes not so much.

James was at work, so the kids and I kicked it at the house most of the day. There was a little World Cup watching, Homeward Bound, and Transformers at bedtime. Homeward Bound still makes me cry. It's that moment that Shadow comes limping over the hill towards his boy. I have an incredible soft spot for Golden Retrievers. All other dogs are second to Goldens. The ultimate dog for me, was my dog, Luke. Luke was my dog growing up - my bestie with four legs. He passed away when I was pregnant with Aidan. Oh, I loved that dog! I could tell a million stories about him, but I won't. Fortunately, our yellow lab, Phoenix, reminds me so much of him. Love his big, dorky-ness! My favorite moment with Phoenix was a few months ago when we came home to find that he had gotten into the trash(not cool) and had gotten a box stuck on his head. Don't know how long it had been stuck, but it was greatness!

This week, Noah has had two teeth come through. My sweet baby has handled it like a champ. He thinks he is so big and wants to eat whatever I eat. He looks up at me with his precious round face and smacks his lips. No baby food for this one! He has also gotten incredibly mobile! He is army crawling and rolling to his desired destinations. Props for resourcefulness! He is having sitting up issues. He is very wobbly and reminds me of a Weeble. Ya know how Weebles just wobble around? That's Noah. Apparently his tushy is too round:))

In other news, Aidan just finished VBS at First Baptist Wylie. That church is awesome! If we didn't love our church so much, we would be at FBS. They do so many cool things for kiddos. Aidan had a blast and is going to the Zoo with them in a couple of weeks. Since he went to school their, he has several friends that go as well. Should be fun.

Our little Molasses fancies herself a ballerina and can't wait for ballet this week. We had a mishap this last week and she was unable to go. I had to explain why she had to have TWO shoes to dance. One would not do the trick. Unless she wants to be a one-legged ballerina. I don't know, but that sounds tricky. One ballet slipper is still AWOL. If anyone sees it - tackle it. My baby needs to dance! She is the CUTEST ballerina that God put on this earth - love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment