To those of you that read to your children often, you will know what I mean when I say that I am having an "Alexander" day. If not, run, don't walk to the nearest library and check out "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". Great book about one of "those" kinds of days. I am being selfish and venting a little about my day to this point. Woke up at 9 after having a horrible stomach bug yesterday. James was of course gone, so I had to paste a smile on my face and hack it. Back to my morning...woke up at 9, should have had Aidan at VBS at 8:45. Assumed that James would be home first thing, but he picked up a shift. I was so out of it that I didn't hear my phone ring around 8:00. Woke up and thought to myself, what a great hubby I have. He came home and got Aidan to VBS and let me sleep. This is the point that I hear Aidan's voice and reality comes crashing down. I call James and talk about something that I don't remember...I'm a little pissed at this point. I hit the floor running! Aidan was such a sweet helper. He threw his clothes on and got a very wiggly Noah dressed. Izzie was in hysterics because she couldn't find shoes. While I am trying to get as ready as I can when I have zero time, I realize that Izzie has her first ballet class at 10:00. Argh!!!! Frantically looking for her ballet outfit! We lovingly call her the bag lady(She has 2 nicknames, but generally she is Molasses) because she has a thing for taking any bag, whether Target or canvas, reusable or an old Taco Bueno bag, and filling them with her treasures. I am dumping out every single bag that I find stashed and can't find anything but tights. Throw the kids in the car, drop Aidan at VBS(30 min late)and drive it like I stole it back to the house to see if I can find ANYTHING to send Izzie to ballet in. Needless to say, she missed her first ballet class and I have only located one ballet slipper and tights. I'm thinking the ballet instructor might frown on that. The good news is that I have found multiple locations that she is cramming things when she should be putting things away. BUSTED! This day can only get better. Right??? I still feel pretty gross, but better than yesterday when I felt like it was possibly my time to go meet Jesus. I look forward to that day, but I guess it wasn't yesterday.
My next blog will be more about the kids and less about me. Promise. Oh, and it will be more cheerful. Just not feeling the cheer right now. I feel a little better, but I need large amounts of Dr. Pepper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment