I love being busy. I know that some may find that odd, but I don't love to just hang around and do nothing. I just don't have it in me. I blame it on my Dad who is a perpetual doer. I thrive on chaos generally speaking.
There is actually a point to the above paragraph. Today was a busy day. I got up first thing and told the kids and James to throw on their suits - I have a surprise. Nothing monumental, but they don't care. We headed out for breakfast and a trip to the water park. It was lots of fun. I love watching James play with the kids in the water. He turns into a giant kid and plays right along with them. He pretends that he doesn't realize that a giant bucket of water is about to come pouring down on him and they just giggle. There is nothing better than kids giggling with complete abandon. Can I get an Amen?
After the water park we had lunch. Love Subway. Hate that James' chicken sandwich was frozen. Also don't understand how the employee did not understand the difference between lettuce and spinach. Obviously she needs to incorporate fresh spinach into her life. I will stop short of listing it's tremendous nutritional value.
Shower time, nap time, and library in the afternoon. I LOVE to read. I LOVE all things having to do with books. I could read until I am blue in the face and still go on for another chapter. You get the picture. I guess this might seem contradictory to the point I made about being busy, but this is a form of being busy. If not in body, in mind. I have found a little slice of heaven at the Richardson Public Library. Wylie has the most ridiculous excuse for a library! I will be spending lots of time on one of Richardson's FOUR flours of literary excellence. Ok, maybe not all excellent, but the point is that there is a truck load of books.
Aidan has his first soccer game of the season at the CRACK of dawn. I will be the soccer mom down in front with a carafe of coffee in hand. Go Firecrackers! Stupid name, but nobody asked me.


No comments:
Post a Comment