Claussen pickles are life changing.
I had zero clever or catchy ideas for a title and I'm eating a Claussen pickle. Well, it's better than no title at all - right? And they really are the best pickles EVER. By the way, just to clear this up because anytime a woman gravites towards a pickle an image of a new bouncing baby boy or girl is conjured up...I AM NOT in anyway preparing for number four. It is highly unlikely that there will be a number four! I say unlikely because I know that even if I think I am done, God has a sense of humor and reminds me that I am not in charge.
Anyways, that was a roadtrip to too much information. Population:1
My oldest little man is under the weather. Poor kid has missed 2 days of school(he is not upset about that in the slightest). I have enjoyed having him home and have "homeschooled" him for both days. He is begging to never go back or if he has to, just for recess. He is a very bright, sweet, and always entertaining kid.
Aidan did the cutest thing tonight. So, I'm a sucker for slumber parties with my little people. They know that when Daddy is on shift, they can sleep in our room. Aidan crashes on the floor and Izzie and Noah with me. They love it! We lay there and watch Food Network and drift off to dream land with the latest recipe on the brain. Anyways, when one of them has a bad dream I have a remedy that seems to work well. I pretend that I am magically casting out the bad dreams by saying, "Bad dreams, bad dreams, go away - Good dreams, good dreams, here to stay." I say it a few times and voila - no bad dreams. Aidan was laying on his bed in the floor all snuggled up with his eyes scrunched tightly closed and was saying, "Bad dreams, bad dreams, get out of my brain - good dreams, good dreams, get into my brain." It's nice to have moments every now and then when he is still very much a little kid - melts my heart.
Izzie has actually talked an sang so much today that I question the ability for my ears to hear another sound. I am presently sitting in complete silence. Or maybe it's not and my ears are suffering from extreme exhaustion and can't possibly hear another sound. She claims to be shy, but I don't buy it. For the record, she has tons to say. Oh well, I really do love listening to her. She has a HUGE imagination.
Izzie and I have continued Robinson Preschool this week with much success. She has learned all about the letter A, the color blue, the triangle, and is working on memorizing Little Bo Peep. We had lots of fun stamping with apples and learning about where apples come from. It took some convincing, but she finally believed that they didn't come from Tom Thumb or Target.
My No-Man has another tooth. That's seven! He is a speedy cruiser too:) I watched him let go and take about a half step before he realized what he was doing and sat down. Mission aborted! His happy place these days is outside. We spend hours outside playing and enjoying the awesome Fall weather. He climbs in and out of his red two seater car looking pretty cool sticking his head out the sunroof. Chicks dig that stuff.
Goodnight and sweet dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment