Thursday, October 7, 2010

Princess Tea

Yesterday was a fancy day. Well, fancy for us - which is to say not very fancy.

Up at the crack of dawn getting my oldest little man out the door. I can't call him that much longer because he's not so little. He'll always be my little man. Look at that, my conversational ADD spills over into my blogging even. So sad. Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yes, my morning. Ok, Aidan is off to school at this point(he carpools) and in comes my Izzie/Princess P/Molasses/Bug. What can I say? She is so presh that she has many names! Rubbing her sleepy eyes, she wants to make cupcakes for a tea party that I promised her. Not just any cupcakes though - these are magical princess cupcakes. In other words, chocolate on chocolate. She doesn't feel that her attire is perfect for the cupcake making occasion though and wants to don her cinderella dress(complete with hoop underneath) and heels. I explain that the cupcake batter will probably drip on her dress because the girl is the best official batter taster ever. She will officially taste her way to an empty bowl. There is no deterring her and she WILL wear the beautiful dress. We had cupcakes made by 8am.

We continued prepping for this special occasion with china, candles, and tea(in the fancy teapot - also known as Fiesta ware). Two handsome Prince Charmings stumbled in around 9 and were permitted to join us. As this was a fancy occasion, we all dressed accordingly(except Noah who wore diaper only while being attacked by his cupcake). Originally it was a girls only situation, but Princess Isabelle decided that she wanted King Daddy and Prince Noah in attendance. I promised James that no picture would be posted, but I am working on that. It was a fun time with our Princess! We even held our pinkies out...

No comments:

Post a Comment