What a weekend and other musings.
I am a little delayed in posting about this weekend, but it was definitely post-worthy.
Aidan was supposed to have a baseball game, but we elected to skip it as he is getting over a cold and was coughing and running fever as of late Friday. Fast forward to Saturday morning and a semi-miraculous recovery had taken place. So, we did the responsible thing and spent the day outside. Why not? The weather was SO gorgeous it would have been awful not to enjoy it. Besides, I am convinced that sunshine can heal lots of things.
We went to downtown Farmersville for an Old Time festival. Fun! James had a friend in the "shootout" which was cool - or at least they said it was - Noah and I had to divert our attention elsewhere because the gunshots were really loud and scary to a small person. Noah HATES loud sounds and has since birth. We got to check out some pretty cool looking old cars. I'm a little scared because now James thinks he might like to get an old truck to remodel or whatever it is you do to them. I will admit they were very cool and nostalgic, but I just see dollar signs and lots of repairs.Of course what festival is complete without snow cones? I love little kids with blue lips and tongues. Noah chowed on it like it was the best thing he'd ever eaten.
We came home afterward and didn't even make it in the door. I'm telling you - like 75 degree weather that doesn't happen very often in Texas. We literally spent 3-4 hours playing outside and teaching Aidan to ride his bike without training wheels. He isn't a pro yet, but soon he will be flying like a crazy man.
Please, God, make out weather stay this way forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment