The title describes my life these days. I blink and wonder where the day went. I hate feeling like nothing has gotten done lately, but that's life I suppose.
My Granddad had back surgery and has had lots of complications. We have beaten a path to the hospital to visit. He was moved to rehabilitation yesterday and seems to be getting stronger. I realize as I watch my grandparents that they are no longer spring chickens. I'm not sure when that happened. It seems like everyone around me gets a little older, but I don't. Of course I know that I'm not a youngster anymore, but I don't feel any older than I did yesterday or 10 years ago. My grandparents are amazing people who have spent a lifetime working to provide for my entire family. Both are still going strong and hope they continue that for some time!
James and I decided to have a dedication ceremony at church this past Sunday. It was such a special time for our family. We were able to stand before God and our church family to commit our children and the way we raise them to the Lord. They all three were troopers...no wiggles and no tears! Isabelle was so precious during the prayer - she had her eyes scrunched just as tightly as they would shut. No, I didn't peek! Jordan was taking pictures.
In other Robinson news, we have been working on our garden. James tilled part of the backyard with a massive, beast of a tiller. To date we have lettuce, carrots, squash, and bell peppers. We also planted shrubs in the flowerbed. The kids were industrious as well - they planted flowers for me. Now the goal is to not kill anything. If you know me, that is a super lofty goal!
Lastly, I did it again. Why do I do this to myself? I raised my stupid hand and volunteered to do the slide show for Aidan's kindergarten graduation! Why? Oh yeah...because I promised myself that come hell or high water I will be involved in my kids lives as much as possible. Maybe in some small way I was thinking to myself that I could make Aidan's pics be the most spectacular. I realized that every parent will think that their kid is the most amazing. They are wrong, but whatever. LOL!
My last thought for the day is this. I have some pretty amazing people in my life that I am SO grateful for. First, by best girlfriend, Stacie. I have known her since God was a child. Ok, maybe not, but it has been 18 years. Wow. I really am old! I called her at 9pm this last week and she did not even hesitate to keep the kiddos so that I could spend some time with my Granddad. She also stopped a much needed date night with her hubby to bring magazines and chocolate to the hospital when Noah had RSV. I will always be ready to return these favors when the time comes, but it's nice to know that it's not really an issue to her one way or the other. We have a long history and I hope much more to come! The other person that is so special to me is Megan...she came to church with a fussy child with fever just so she wouldn't miss the kids being dedicated. That really meant a lot to me.
Ok, back to life and homework at this moment. Oh, and packing for our camping trip. Should be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment