Thursday, August 16, 2012
It's been forever...
It's been forever
...since I've blogged. My time is so precious, fleeting, and ,well, stretched to the max.So much has changed as life has a tendency to do.
I'm a list girl. It helps me organize my life and thoughts that are scattered 97% of the time. The other 3% of the time is during the night...when I'm sleeping.SO, without further ado - the list.
List of Our Recent Adventures:
1) Most importantly, Eli. Our new little one. By new I mean 4 months today. I'm a rotten excuse for a blogger. He is such a precious little guy. He laughs, smiles, talks, and growls. The big kids adore him, especially Izzie. I love watching her little mommy ways - so nurturing. Eli is lucky to be surrounded by lots of love even if it borders on smothering at times.
2) Move to Abilene. This is my least favorite adventure except for the house - love it. It is a very lonely feeling to leave all you've ever known - family, friends, church, life - to go to a strange place. I'm continuing to plow through to find some sort of connections here, but it's slow and I miss home so much. I have no idea where the road will take us next and that bugs me, but I'm trusting that God will reveal that in time. I don't think/hope that any plan involves us staying here. I want to plant roots - I need to give that gift to my kids.
3) We lost our precious dog, Phoenix. I dearly loved him and my heart is still broken. We have since gotten Marley and though she is so sweet and smart, there are so many days that I sort of force myself to love her. She often reminds me of the fact that she's here because Phoenix isn't. Time is a great healer and soon she, too, will steal my heart.
Those are the major points. I'm sure I've missed many in this whirlwind! My kids are my life and my joy. Aidan is 8, soon to start 3rd grade. He doesn't look like a little boy anymore! Izzie is 5 and chomping at the bit to start Kindergarten. She is in gymnastics, loves horses, Barbies, art, and reading. She shines so bright! Noah is 2 1/2 and is a stick of dynamite. He is all boy and is really developing his own identity. They are all so different! Eli is such a joy - no colic, doesn't fuss much, etc. My hands are full and blessed!
There is so much to add, but no more time for now. As Scarlet would say, "Tomorrow is another day!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment