Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wow! That time of year already!

Can't believe it's the week of Thanksgiving and a couple of weeks until my sweet baby boy turns one. Where does the time go? Please, please, just slow down a little so I can enjoy a few more moments of time when my children are still young.

Noah is walking all over the place and is saying a few small words. Although most don't understand what he is saying yet, I do. He says dog, drink, bye-bye, mom, and dad. His favorite pastime is taking a bath, playing in water, and playing trucks. It is a blessing to watch him!

Izzie is turning four in about a month and is my saving grace between these rough and tumble boys! Love that kid! She is all things girly - nails painted, red lipstick, sparkles, and sequins. Did I mention the coiffed do? Simply fabulous.

Aidan is doing pretty well with homeschooling. He has his moments for sure...He is taking P.E. and has lots going on to keep him busy. Lord knows he needs to stay busy! He really enjoys being able to rest his brain in between school work. Sort of his reset button. We are finishing up a lengthy unit study on Thanksgiving that has been a real learning experience.

I really want to instill in our children that thankfulness for all our blessings is NOT secondary to the impending Christmas craziness. I want them to pause and remember that there have been many before us who have sacrificed to allow us the freedoms that we so enjoy. We have the ability to worship God in the way that we choose and I want to honor that. I also don't want them to have this idea that Thanksgiving is just a prelude to Christmas, but give them the gift of being thankful for the promise that Christmas brings. There, I am stepping slowly off of my soap box - or pulpit, or whatever. I will also admit that the prime rib and turkey doesn't hurt....Well, maybe my waistline(fortunately, I don't have one so it doesn't really matter).

Ok, back to Squanto and planting corn. The Native Americans and Separatists would have ALL died if they were counting on my growing skills. Can't even grow ivy.

No comments:

Post a Comment