Well, another summer has come and gone. We have spent lots of time sleeping, playing, and sweating. I would love to say that we traveled to some place exotic, but we haven't made it more than 60 miles from home. That's ok, we still had a good summer! We are making plans to go on a vacation later in the fall. Basically, we are not summer people. I hate hot Texas summers!
Aidan is getting ready for 1st grade. Initially, we were planning to homeschool, but after some careful consideration we opted to send him to school. Public school was NOT ever in my plans, as I have always generally had a disdain for all things public school. However, my best laid plans did NOT intersect with God's plans and we are going to give it a go. I am just praying my heart out that this is successful for Aidan and our family. I am positive that it will be. Thus far, everything has been a rather pleasant surprise. I am glad that we happen to be in a very good school district, with lots of great resources.
I am going back to school and will be starting Monday. I am hopeful that I can somehow juggle college with my already hectic life. I will have to learn to study with a squirmy baby on my hip and a preschooler that wants to play Barbies. Hopefully, I can study and do homework at some point while Aidan is at school.
Izzie has lots of plans for ballet, gymnastics, and art classes this fall. I am looking forward to girly things. I love my precious time with her! She often tells me about all of her life plans for when she is big like me. She tells us that she is going to be a firefighter and plans to be Daddy's partner. She loves wearing her bunker gear around the house. Izzie is sporting a new hairdo that she gave herself. It is something like a mullet, but more fashionable. She cut her bangs to the scalp on one side and refuses to help in my efforts to try and cover the bald spot. Oh, well...it's just hair right?
Noah is crawling ALL over the place, pulling up on anything that will sit still for 2 seconds(including Phoenix) and cruising already. All of this from an 8 month old. He has 6 teeth and is working on number 7. He has a precious smile and a gruff little laugh. He makes all kinds of amazing noises that I am convinced only little boys can make. He adores his big brother and sister. He loves nothing more that to be carried around by a doting Aidan or pulled by his feet by big sissy. He just laughs!
Back into the swing of things bright and early Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment